There is a legal procedure of voting in INDIA.The first and the most important rule of voting is your name was appear in the voter list (also known as electrol roll).All the information of the voters can also appeaer on pooling booths and the voter can also find the information on Contesting candidates, Election Dates & Timings, Identity cards and EVM.
Voting Process At Pooling Booth
- first, the officer in the pooling office can check your ID’s and name on your voter list.
- then the officer mark your finger with blue ink and give you a slip and take your signature on a register (FORM 17A)
- then you will deposit the slip to the next officer and showed your inked finger then the officer gives the instruction to proceed the polling booth.
- then it is time to record the vote by pressing the button on the ballot with your choice of a favorite symbol of favorite candidate serial no, name and symbol can be visible for seven seconds before it drops in the sealed packed vvpat box.
- you have an another option of NOTA if you don’t like any candidate it’s the last button on EVM machine.
- for more information, you can click on http://ecisveep.nic.in/.
- mobile phones, camera, and any other gadgets are not allowed in the pooling booths.
Name In Voter List
- login to electoral search .in.
- calling to the voter helpline 1950 (you must add the STD code before dialing).
- or SMS <ECI> space <EPIC No> to 1950 (EPIC stands for Electors Photo Identity Card also commonly known as a Voter ID card). Example – If your EPIC is 12989434then SMS ECI 12989434 to 1950.
- or download the voter Id app.
Finding Pooling Booth(where to vote).
- voter can visit to online app or electrolsearch.in to find the pooling booth.
- voter can call to helpline no 1950 note(pls add std no before dialling.
- for location of the pooling station SMS <ECIPS> space <EPIC No> to 1950.
- mobile phones camera and any other gadget not allowed in the pooling booth.
How To Use EVM(vvpat)
- EVM stands for electronoc voting machine.VVPAT stands for Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Trail (VVPAT).
- Voter Id card
- Driving licence
- service identity card with photograph issued to employees by central/state/Govt./PSUs/Public Limited Companies
- passbook with photograph issued by the bank
- pan card
- smartcard issued by RBI and NPR
- MNREGA Job Card (Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee)
- health insurance and smart card issued under the scheme of prime-minister or ministry of labour.
- pension document with photograph.
- Official identity cards issued to MPs/MLAs/MLCs .
- Aadahar card.
When is the election
Lok Sabha elections are scheduled from 11 Apr – 23 May 2019. Please visit electoralsearch.in to check your exact date.
- Phase 1 – 11th Apr
- Phase 2 – 18th April
- Phase 3 – 23rd April
- Phase 4 – 29th April
- Phase 5 – 6th May
- Phase 6 – 12th May
- Phase 7 – 19th May
Election results will be announced on 23rd May. Please note Andhra Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Odisha and Sikkim Vidhan Sabha elections will be held in parallel to Lok Sabha Elections, Please check eci.gov.in for more information